CURRICULUM VITAE- DR. JEFF BURRES,
Nevada and Arizona licensed chiropractor in Sparks / Reno area.
PALMER COLLEGE OF CHIROPRACTIC, DAVENPORT, IOWA- 1992. Deans' list and received the Clinic Award for Excellence for my class of 152 doctors. Palmer elective classes included: Activator, Lumbar Distraction, Pediatrics, Physical Therapy I and II and Sacral Occipital Technique. Other electives include: Sports Medicine, Upper and Lower Extremities, Allergies and the Spine using Applied Kinesiology and Certified in both Advanced Orthopedics and Rehabilitation. Practices Gonstead, Thompson, Diversified, Activator Method and Palmer techniques.
UNIVERSITY OF NORTHERN COLORADO, GREELEY, COLORADO- Masters of Science Degree, 1978, in health services with a minor patient relations. Thesis on National Health Insurance.
NEW YORK MEDICAL COLLEGE, NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK- 2 years. Administrative Internship.
ITHACA COLLEGE, ITHACA, NEW YORK- Bachelor of Science in Health Services, with a minor in marketing and accounting. This was the Cornell University program with internship held at Metropolitan Hospital, a 1200 bed acute care facility in New York City with attached Mental Health Hospital.
Impairment ratings, 1996
Advanced Orthopedics in 1994-97
Manipulation while Under Anesthesia, 2002
Ken Burres, MD., brother, Neurosurgeon, pioneer and developer of MicroLaser Discectomy in the United States. Specializes in microsurgery and sports medicine. Montclair, California. Former CEO of FitCentric Technologies, Inc., the fitness software used at NASA, Hawaiian Iron man and the Olympics.
Steve Burres, MD., brother, Facial Plastic Surgeon and Ear, Nose and Throat specialist. His system to measure facial paralysis is used worldwide. Beverly Hills, California. Owner of Fascian.com a collagen replacement substance that is used world wide.
LICENSES, BOARDS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- NEVADA STATE LICENSE- , 1992
- ARIZONA STATE LICENSE- , 1992
- ARIZONA PHYSIOTHERAPY, 1992
- NATIONAL BOARD CERTIFICATE IN CHIROPRACTIC- , 1991
- PHYSICAL THERAPY NATIONAL BOARD, 1992
- NURSING HOME ADMINISTRATORS LICENSE, CALIFORNIA- , 1976
- CERTIFIED IN CLINICAL ORTHOPEDICS OF UPPER AND LOWER EXTREMITIES, 1990
- CERTIFIED IN ADVANCED REHABILITATIVE THERAPEUTICS, 1992
- ADVANCED TRAINING IN IMPAIRMENT RATINGS AND IME’S, 1996
- CERTIFIED IN MANIPULATION WHILE UNDER ANESTHESIA (MUA), 2002
1993-CURRENT- BURRES CHIROPRACTIC, Sparks, Nevada and serving Reno.
Chiropractor- Active practice taking care of musculoskeletal problems and other related injuries and ailments. Lecturer and Consultant on Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Sport Injury Prevention and Treatment, Industrial Low Back Injury Prevention and Treatment and Ergonomics in an Industrial Environment. Founder of the Regional Center for the Non-surgical Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Relief. Have been a Provider for HMO, PPO, MCO's and Insurance Companies as: Teamsters, Carpenters Union, St. Mary's PPO and Preferred Comp, Universal Health Network,and many others.
1991-Park Center for Health, Calabasas, California Chiropractor- Practice with Los Angeles based multi-specialty chiropractic group. Lecturer at Calabasas City Hall. Treated members of the Motion Picture and Screen Actors Guild.
PRIOR HEALTH CARE EXPERIENCE
- Hospital Administrator 1972-1988
- 1980-1988- SUMMIT HEALTH, LTD., Burbank, California Chief Executive Officer- for profit hospital corporation
- 1980-81-Mesa General Hospital- 148 beds
- 1981-84-Community Hospital Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona
- 1984-88- Davenport Medical Center - 160 beds, Iowa. Physician practice development, teaching programs in Podiatry and General Practice. Directed corporate marketing program and produced over 600 commercials.
- 1978-80- SAN MATEO MEDICAL CLINIC, San Mateo, California Director of Finance/Associate Administrator; Multi-specialty medical group with service bureau that grew from 14 to 50 other doctor offices.
- 1976-78- WESTERN MEDICAL ENTERPRISES, INC., Dublin, California Administrator- skilled nursing facility with 120 beds, 1978- most profitable per bed award
- UNITED STATES NAVY, San Diego, California Medical Service Corps Officer- 1900 bed regional medical center. Department of Medicine with 470 beds, 32 clinics, ICU and ER. 1972-4- Regional Lab Service. Had Officer of the Day responsibilities for the entire compound. Honorable discharged as Lieutenant.
AWARDS, HONORS AND PUBLICATIONS
1) Award for Excellence with Certificate of Commendation, United States Senate from Senator Harry Reid, June 1998.
2) Award for Excellence, June 1998, Greater Reno-Sparks Chamber of Commerce for outstanding achievements and thank you for the valuable contributions to the community. Honored at awards event and honored guest at the Chamber Moana Stadium event.
3) Award For Clinical Excellence, out of a field of 152 doctors in his graduating class, Palmer College of Chiropractic, 1992
4) Carpal Tunnel Article on it’s treatment and prevention and Sport Injury Treatment and Prevention Articles- Published initially in UltraCoach, 1993 and revised from time to time. The sport injury series is part of the worldwide release that was the official software of the Hawaiian Iron man, used by many US. Olympians at 1996 Olympics and has been considered by NASA as a part of their space station’s workout program. UltraCoach is a part of Interactive Fitness Technologies. (Fitcentric.com). Fairways and Greens, a national golf magazine, published an updated version in April, 2000 and they recently won a national best golf magazine award.
5) Founder, Regional Ctr for the Non-Surgical Treatment of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Reno, 1993.
6) Host of the Care Hour radio program, KOH, Reno Nevada, 1995
7) Elected Board of Directors of Nevada State Chiropractic Association now known as Nevada Chiropractic Association, 1994-6, was on the Ethics Committee
8) Who's Who in Health Care, Hanover Productions, since 1980
9) Summit Health Awards, out of 57 facilities. Administrator of the Year, 1987, 1983-87- won 22 out of 30 operational awards, Companies representative to the AOA and the AMA from 1982-88
10) American College of Hospital Administrators from 1981-88
11) College Advisory Board Member in Behavioral Health, Dietary and Medical Records Technology
12) Ambulance Board Member in Iowa and Arizona for the hospital system, 1980-1987
13) President of the Greater Quad City Hospital Council, elected 1987
14) International Chiropractic Association since 1990, Palmer College of Chiropractic Alumni Association since 1990
15. First chiropractor in the State of Nevada to be accepted as a member of the North American Spine Specialist organization. NASS is comprised of over 3400 MD’s and DO’s. January 2003